How to be a successful salesperson during your garage sale days
- Go through your house and check and list all the items you wish to sell
- Advertise the Garage sale at least a couple of weeks before – to allow people to plan
- If an item is incomplete, broken, stained, missing parts – please register
- Welcome your visitors
- Make the sales surroundings clean. Offer drinking water. It is all about making people feel comfortable and relaxed
- Price the items in a fair way. You can attend a local garage sale to get some idea about pricing of goods, items
- Do not try to impress your visitors by exaggerating and presenting false information about any item…they will most probably leave without buying
- Ask buyers what are they looking for in order to focus them and get them closer to buy
- Be sure to offer warrantees, guaranteed or any documents related to the items on sale
- You can group a whole category and price it as a whole package – list the advantages from the buyer’s perspective (or – why would it be worth his while)
- Write a description, make, content, size, weight, price – on each item – make it coherent!
- If there is a particularly valuable item in a category – make sure it is outstanding in it’s presentation
- Group the items according to categories – kitchen ware, clothing, toys, electronics etc.
- Be patient, courteous, helpful and ask leading questions to help your buyers find what they are looking for
- Have some small change available. You will need it.
- Keep the money you get safe
- If possible – help your buyers load the goods to their car